Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2021

Screws 

 

 

Another 🐇 hole. So when is a 30mm screw not a 30mm screw? when it’s a #8 1.25” screw which measures 31.7mm.
9mm ply and 22m stringers / 31mm, this makes for a whole lot little tiny points of screws.
So what to do.
1st I have requested that the requirements change to 1”/25mm screws for 9mm construction. Posted on forum/ Don said ask Janusz. I have, still waiting to hear back on that.
2nd if I was building not from CNC I’d be tempted just increase my stringer depth to 28mm.
3rd Glass back side of stringers. This would A) seal this surface for fairing and painting B) cover the cut off screw tips. I would not seal the whole piece just the top side.
4th wait to see what others are doing as I can get screws pretty much any time.


Screws from bolt supply

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keel Steel

 5/8 16mm for vertical part. 3/8 9.25mm for horizontal  Had parts laser cut by Precision Laser & Fab Inc Saskatoon.