Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Transom Layout

https://youtu.be/cVDs2WrUOvY


Haven’t posted much to the blog as it’s all pretty repetitive at the moment but I wanted to write something about the transom so I have a record of it. 


This is Pete’s boat Origami on the trailer on the way back from France may 2022.  He has all the elements I will likely have on mine so it’s a good clean reference versus the boats with all the parts attached.   



This is my transom after cutting out the holes and adding supports.

Main Drain holes are 100mmx75mm 
Secondary Drain holes are 100mm x 50mm the top
Of the hole is 295mm from the cockpit sole,  there is I think 60mm between these holes.  
There is two 50mm round holes that will be for the bilge pump out put, they will be 40mm once finished. 
There is two 50mm x 20mm cockpit seat drain holes.  

 

For support for the ladder, outboard, running back stays I have added in additional support. I have also filled the very bottom area as it is not accessible and is a good place for water to sit.   I’ll have a to take a photo I do not have one with all the components in it. They are all visible in the tube video.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Keel Steel

 5/8 16mm for vertical part. 3/8 9.25mm for horizontal  Had parts laser cut by Precision Laser & Fab Inc Saskatoon.