Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2021

CNC Kit on Order

 CNC Kit on order  😬

 

Update 02 12 2021 - ply and DF is cut and packed.  Just waiting on shipping availablity there has been roads cut to coast for 2 weeks so shipping is backed up. 

9mm plywood, 6mm Plywood, Douglas Fir for CNC parts,  purpleheart for keel timber, conversion to CNC file, CNC cutting of parts.  All in $7565.00+tax. FOB Vancouver Island

 

 

i sent in the deposit for my CNC plywood and frames. I purchased the cut file that BnB yachts produced to allow me to get a third party in Canada to supply the plywood and stringers pre cut. I looked at buying directly from BnB has they have made several kits already but with US dollar, brokerage, potentially duties and transport I went with a Canadian company. I also like the idea of buying local as much as possible.
If I was to loft and cut from plans it would add considerable time and effort, I admire those builders who have gone that way but in the interests of the best use of my time CNC it is.

Jan at West Wind has been very helpful and patient with me over the 6 months of asking questions but spending no money. Once I get the finial pricing I will list it here but it will be around $7000 CAN.
#130 - 9mm Occume Marine Plywood
#129 - 6mm Occume Marine Plywood
1" Douglas-fir; Flat-Grain
 
 
The Joubert not the Aquatek 
 
 Joubert Marine Plywood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keel Steel

 5/8 16mm for vertical part. 3/8 9.25mm for horizontal  Had parts laser cut by Precision Laser & Fab Inc Saskatoon.